Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Doctor Oz

Anyone watch? I ususlly on catch it on at the gym. I went on the website to check things out. There was this article about losing weight if you have a big belly or big butt. It was called "The Body type Diet: Solutions for a big belly or big butt." I have a big belly so certain parts of it stuck out. It said those with a big belly are insulin resistant, WHAT!? That's me, that's me! I have a "hunter" body according to this article.

It also mentioned a supplement named Chromium Polynicotinate. This is what WebMD.com had to say about it.

Chromium is a metal. It is called an “essential trace element” because very small amounts of chromium are necessary for human health.

Chromium is used for improving blood sugar control in people with prediabetes, type 1 and type 2 diabetes, and high blood sugar due to taking steroids.

It is also used for depression, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), lowering “bad” cholesterol, and raising “good” cholesterol in people taking heartmedications called beta blockers.

Some people try chromium for body conditioning including weight loss, increasing muscle, and decreasing body fat. Chromium is also used to improve athletic performance and to increase energy.

So I'm thinking hmmm I like the sound of this supplement...it may even mean me getting off of metformin for my insulin resistance and PCOS, but who knows exactly how long you can take this for and at what dose. I think this will be something to ask my doctor about.

No comments:

Post a Comment